© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

TOMS for Target Review

The TOMS for Target collection just launched in stores and online, so being the #TargetStyle fan that I am, I checked it out in two Target locations. What's great about this capsule collection is the one-for-one charitable aspect; for every item that you buy, they give shoes, a blanket, or meals to Americans in need. Another bonus is that there's something for everyone in this collection, making it ideal for holiday gift shopping. The mix of housewares, apparel, accessories and footwear covers a variety of customer tastes. 

The shoppers that were browsing when I took these photos seemed impressed by the concept, and a couple of women expressed a lot of interest in the merchandise. At the first store I visited, many of the small gift items (such as the printed zip pouches and scented candles) were selling out quickly. 

Here's what the merchandise looked like on the shelves.

Toms for Target-Gifts

The arrow print clutch (below on the right) came home with me. It has a fun printed lining, hefty zipper and looks well made. It donates one week of meals to someone in need via Feeding America and is ideal for keeping me organized when I travel. The matching tote bag (above on the right) is really cute and has an interior pocket.

Toms for Target-Pouches
Toms for Target-Housewares Gifts

The women's shoes come with a drawstring bag and they run small, so size up. I'm a 7, but had to size up to 7.5.  I adore the slight sheen and cushioned insole. These were selling out quickly in both stores I visited. 

Toms for Target-Womens Shoes

The collection features lots of easy-to-wear neutrals in colors like oatmeal and heather gray. The logo tees and sweatshirts have an all-American vibe, which makes them perfect for pairing with your favorite denim. The Women's clothing runs small, so I recommend sizing up if you want a comfortable fit or even going two sizes up for a more generous, relaxed fit.

Toms for Target-Clothing

Now for the fitting room photos. Below, I'm wearing the logo full zip hoodie in small and the crewneck sweatshirt in small. Both are very comfortable with gray tonal prints. I might go back for the hoodie, as it's a great piece for wearing with leggings on casual days and for winter walks with my dog. The crewneck runs small and the hoodie seemed true to size.

Toms for Target-Sweatshirts

Below, I'm wearing the arrow print tee in a small, and I like the scoop hemline and the striped gray/white print on back. I'd size up to a medium for a very relaxed fit on myself. In the middle I'm wearing the Men's denim shirt in small, since I am always in search of a great-fitting denim shirt. This one had just the right length and came home with me. On the right is the wool blend sweater (with side slits and small copper tag) in a size small. The ivory version has cute gold flecks. I loved the sporty fit, but found it slightly itchy, as I do with most wool sweaters. 

Toms for Target-Arrow Tee Denim Shirt Sweater

I cajoled my boyfriend into modeling some looks, and he's got on the denim shirt in size medium. For reference, he's a lean build and 5'10". The fit was true to size, and I like the slight fading and double pocket detail. The fabric is medium weight and good quality.  

Toms for Target-Mens Denim Shirt

Here's the striped tee in a medium with the gray logo full zip hoodie, also in medium. Both were soft, true to size, and comfortable. 

Toms for Target-Mens Stripe Tee Hoodie

Lastly, he tried on the TOMS logo tee, which I was eyeing for myself. This is a medium, and it felt soft. I gravitated towards a lot of the Men's pieces in this collection and will likely go back for more in the coming weeks. 

Toms for Target-Mens Toms Tee

There's also Kid's clothing, so ladies, if you're petite, then perhaps you can pull off some of these pieces in XL. My favorite gift ideas in this collection are the beanies, journals, and throw blankets with fringe trim. The ponchos are among the most popular items in the collection, and pair well with the tees. 

Thank you to Target for bringing this collaboration with TOMS into stores!

For more holiday 2014 gift ideas and shopping, see my holiday gift guide under $50, my gift guide for the beauty junkie, my gift guide for the glam girl, or my gift guide for stocking stuffers on The Key To Chic.

Shop more of the collection: